MRI Technologist (Full Time w/ Call)
Position Summary: Operates a magnetic resonance imaging scanner to produce diagnostic images, provides direct patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Competent production of diagnostic images.
- Professional patient care and assessment, including screening for contraindications and potential hazards.
- Venipuncture and administration of gadolinium-based contrast media using best practices.
- Post-processing of acquired images.
- Accurate recording of patient medical information.
- Equipment quality control and accreditation procedures.
- Must participate in call rotation.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required Education/Experience:
Graduation from an accredited diagnostic imaging training program with at least an Associate’s Degree in radiologic sciences or technology. California State licensure in Radiography and Fluoroscopy. Current primary registration by ARRT, and in compliance with required CE units.
Graduation from an accredited MRI educational program (academic degree strongly preferred).
Primary registration in magnetic resonance imaging by ARRT or ARMRIT.
Current BCLS certification.
Current licensure in venipuncture.
- In addition, knowledge and skills of MRI positioning and technical factor selection, sectional anatomy and MRI physics are required. Understanding of magnetic field and radio frequency protection for patients, staff and the general public is also necessary.
- Preferred Education/Experience:
Post-primary registration in MRI by ARRT.
Bachelor’s Degree in radiologic sciences or technology.
Previous MRI experience, especially with multiple GE and Siemens.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Possess a high aptitude with computer systems, and the willingness and commitment to learn and use multiple advanced computer applications.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely works in and around a strong magnetic field, and is also occasionally exposed to radio frequency energy.
The noise level in the scan room can reach 100 decibels. If a technologist is required to remain in the scan room with a patient during an exam, hearing protection is provided. The noise level in the technologist’s regular work area is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include need to adjust visual parameters, such as contrast and brightness (also called window and level). While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Salary: dependent on experience
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, PTO, paid holidays, and a pre-tax 401(k) plan.
Work Hours: 4 days a week, Mon-Fri 7-6pm, plus rotating after hours and weekend call shifts.
Radiology Medical Group of Santa Cruz County, Inc. has been providing high-quality, comprehensive diagnostic imaging services to Santa Cruz County since 1938. We have a diverse group of skilled, subspecialty, fellowship trained, board-certified radiologists.
Please send your resume and cover letter with desired salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org (put “MRI Technologist” in the subject line) or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Radiology Medical Group of Santa Cruz County, Inc.
1661 Soquel Drive, Bldg. G
Santa Cruz, CA 95065
All inquiries will be kept confidential.